CB Pro 8, Mac & Saffire 6 usb 2

Hi guys, I’ve just switched from PC to Mac and having trouble working with cubase and my soundcard (Focusrite Saffire 6 usb2).

I can play sound back through the sound card from OSX no problem but when going into cubase the sound dies.
I’ve defined the sound card in the device panel and all settings looks to be fine.

Have anyone had any issues with similar setups ?

I’m having exactly the same problem. I can’t get audio to play via my Saffire 6. If it is selected as the active interface, no audio levels show on any VST, nor the master out. When I switch back to the built in sound, it works perfectly. I can use the interface normally in other DAWs, like Ableton for example. No problems at all. However Cubase Pro 8.0.30 on El Capitan will not play through the Saffire 6. Any ideas?

This seems like the answer:

http://us.focusrite.com/answerbase/are-focusrite-products-compatible-with-el-capitan

" Scarlett 2i2, Scarlett 2i4, Scarlett Solo

Works with El Capitan? YES

Points of note: If you experience any problems selecting your Scarlett as an input or output device on your Mac, please see this article. Scarletts will only work with Cubase 8 when both the interface and the DAW are set to either 44.1kHz or 48kHz before opening Cubase. If either (or both) are set to 88.2kHz or 96kHz, the Scarletts will be selectable, but no audio will pass into or out from the DAW. We are working with Steinberg to resolve this issue and hope to have a resolution shortly. "

Confirmed, exactly as described. Projects over 48k don’t work.