[CBT-1308] Cubasis 3 does not save consistently

Hi,

I have started to notice that there are occasionally changes missing from my projects. Cubasis does not seem to save projects consistently. I don’t have specific steps to reproduce the problem, it seems to be random.

I suggest to implement an indicator that tells when the project is saved and a button to force save. At the moment I can’t trust the app to do it’s job and have to duplicate projects every time I quit, load or make a larger change.

Hi sirWombat,

Thank you for your message.

Please let me have further information about this issue, to share it with our team.
A clear repro would be very helpful, in having our engineering evaluating the issue,

Hope you will be able to provide more info.

Best wishes,
Lars

I don’t wish to take such risks with my projects, so I will try to cause the problem intentionally with a test project.

Okay, this is a complicated little bugger here. I have one possible repro, but I fear the scope might be bigger.

Create an empty project
Add MIDI track
Change the instrument to Micrologue
Select Arp Factory Presets folder
Select the first preset ’18 Inches VCF Arp’
Draw one measure long clip on the track
Draw one measure long note on the clip
Start playback
As the track is playing add another MIDI track (the playback emits a noise, another bug)
The synth and preset are cloned to this new track, change the preset to the third one ’8 Close to the Edge Arp’
Stop the playback and copy the clip from the first track to the second track

— I believe here’s the crux of the bug —
Start playback again
While the track is playing back
Change both tracks Arp Tempo Scale to 1/8T
Change both tracks Arp Swing to 10
Stop playback
Load another project
Load the debug project again

Notice that one or both Tempo Scales have reverted back to 1/16.
If not, try to change the parameters back to 1/16 while the track is playing and switch projects again.
Sometimes it works as intended and the bug does not manifest, I have no idea what additional parameters contribute to this.

The swing amount has also bugged like this. I suspect other parameters have done this also, but cannot be certain as the changes to a synth engine are complex to keep track of.

If I add only one Micrologue track and change the parameters while the playback is engaged I seem to not get this behavior. So this seems like a complex intereffect.

I hope the devteam has a clearer idea about what is going on, as this kind of save related instability is very destructive to the creative workflow.

Happy holidays to you and the team, remember to rest too. :slight_smile:

All the best,
Samu

I just remembered that I am on iPadOS 13.2 public beta, sorry for not mentioning this previously.

Thanks for your support, Samu!
The issue and your bug report has been added to our bugbase.

A merry christmas and a happy & healthy 2020 for you too!

Best,
Lars

Thanks for your support, Samu!
The issue and your bug report has been added to our bugbase.

A merry christmas and a happy & healthy 2020 for you too!

Best,
Lars