[CBT-1320] Bug: Serious Audio Glitches and Lag

Ok this will probably be my last bug report for obvious reasons once you watch the video. If Steinberg wants to refund me for Cubasis 3 and put me on their payroll or offer some other kind of compensation for beta testing I’ll leave the app on my machine and do further testing.

1. Summary/Title
    Attempting to edit or move knobs in any of the 3 FX inserted on the master channel results in serious lag and audio glitches.

2. Description
    Please see video below.

3. Expected Results
    Was expecting to be able to adjust various parameters of inserted FX smoothly like when the song is imported back to Cubasis 2 and the FX parameters are adjusted.

4. Actual Results
    Please see video below.

5. Environment
    Second generation 12.9” iPad Pro with 4gb ram/IOS 13.2.2

Hi cloudswimmer,

We are very sorry to hear about your current Cubasis 3 issues, and we will do our best to have them addressed as quickly as possible.
Are you able to constantly reproduce the audio glitch (audible in your example) video? If so, would it be possible for you to share the project with us?

Thanks again for your report,
Lars

Hello, yes I am able to reproduce the behavior you see in the video every time, an no unfortunately I cannot share this particular file right now as it’s a work in progress and not copyrighted at this point.

C

Hi cloduswimmer,

Again, we are sorry to read that you encounter several issues with Cubasis 3.
Your report has been entered to our bugbase:

CBT-1320
Serious Audio Glitches and Lag

Hopefully, our engineers will be able to have it addressed quickly!

Thanks,
Lars

I bet it’s the low 4GB of RAM.
Usual issue w/any DAW I’ve ever seen malfunction.

Only iPad Pros have 4GB of RAM, every other iOS device has less. All iOS apps are written with this in mind, I don’t think that is the issue.