[CBT-2243] Mixer lines access selecting track

Not easy to reach the track lines in the mixer from the project tracks with big projects

When I want to go to the track line I’m working on on the mixer If I need to scroll to access it and if I touch another line I loose the track

maybe when we select a track the mixer can show automatically the track we are working on like it do in the other sense when we select a line or give us a way to switch from left to right touching the bar on the top of the mixer where S M XL touch are,
or both :point_up:t2::alien:

I need to locate the track number to reach the line I’m working on even if I select the track before it can be nice for me to switch directly to the highlighted line track with no need to look the number

iPad Pro 2020 iOS 13.7 Cubasis 3.1.3

maybe when we select a track the mixer can show automatically the track we are working on like it do in the other sense when we select a line or give us a way to switch from left to right touching the bar on the top of the mixer where S M XL touch are,
or both > :point_up:t2:> :alien:

Hi,

That’s exactly the case with Cubasis?!
Selecting a track in the track list, automatically selects the strip in the mixer and vice visa.

Best,
Lars

Hi Lars yes it’s the case but if you work with more lines than you can see on the mixer even if you select a track the mixer don’t switch to the side where the track is located :point_up:t2::alien: and if you put S for the size and you see the track once you change the size the track move on the side if it’s where is located :blush:

I see what Alienized is referring to now. I thought the mixer/vertical scrolling thing was a bug! Nice idea but the auto scrolling seems very slow on my IpadPro, might as well scroll to the track manually.

Hello thank you :blush: I get auto scrolling only from mixer to the arrangement track if I select the arrangement track I don’t get the mixer line if the line is not on my screen the mixer don’t move, maybe I need to wait more time. Maybe yes it’s a bug.
After I think than to can move the mixer from left to right from the bar up can be nice when I want to go left or right on the mixer I can touch the pan button and also the lines volume I have a 13 inch iPad I imagine with a more little device.

Yes, I see what you mean. The auto-scrolling only seems to work from track view to mixer if the target track is already visible. I wonder if any users actually use this track/mixer feature; it seems rather pointless to me at the moment. Could be useful if it worked automatically with no scrolling.

Hi all,

Thanks for your messages.
The following requests have been added to our backlog:

・Tapping a track in the arranger scroll the mixer to the selected track. Currently it’s vice versa only
・Tapping a mixer channel should scroll the track list much faster. Currently it’s very slow

Thanks again
& stay well,
Lars

Thank you Dobid, Lars :wave:t2::alien:

Thanks Alienized for highlighting this issue and thanks Lars for following it up.