CC lane presets?

Hi there, I don’t know if this is possible, but here’s what I’d like to do.

1. I open the MIDI editor that has my VSL instrument loaded into it. I use 7 different controller lanes (let’s call them CC1, 2, 3 etc just for ease of reading).
  2. I’d like to be able to tell Cubase that I always use these lanes when using a VSL instrument, and it should open these lanes automatically when I open the MIDI editor for this track.
  3. I also use the spitfire libraries, and instead of CCs 1-7 (as in my VSL setup) I now want Cubase to open CCs 8, 9, 10 etc.
  4. I want to be able to tell Cubase that this track is ‘VSL track’, and I want to see CCs 8-16.

I hope that’s clear. I’ve done a bit of forum searching, but couldn’t find an answer.

Thank you

Mike

Hey Mike,

Two ways to do this:

a) there’s a key command which shows all MIDI data written for that region (I can’t remember the exact name)

b) in the bottom left corner of the Key Editor is a + button to manually add all the lanes you need. Then there should be another small button in the lower left corner (I think a down-arrow) with a menu which will allow you to save the lanes shown as a preset. Afterwards you can assign those presets to key commands to call up quickly.

b) sounds like it’s exactly what I was looking for. Thank you!

You’re welcome! Love your username as well :slight_smile: