CC04 value range edit by Cubase-MIDI-plugin Transformer

Hello, anybody familiar with programming the Cubase-Midi-plugin “Transformer”? :question:

I want to transform the CC04 range with the values 0 - 90 to the default range 0 - 127 in an equivalent way. The reason is a Roland e-drum brain only sending this range ( 0 - 90 ) but there are drum VSTi’s with variable hihat range (openness of the hihat) that cannot be edited (in the CC04-curve) and only translate the value 127 to hihat tight closed.

Is anybody able to program a preset for “Transformer” or is it first of all possible to get tthis with this tool?

Thanks a lot for your answers! :smiley:

I’m just leaving for the afternoon, but I’ll post the settings this evening (unless someone else gets in first :wink: )

Set it up like this screenshot…
(1.41111111 is 127/90 in decimal :wink: )
Scale CC#04.jpg
Btw, if you want your CC#04 values recorded with that transformation, use the Input Transformer instead :wink:. (The Transformer Insert FX acts upon MIDI on its way out of Cubase, i.e. either on the recorded MIDI Part or on the MIDi Thru while playing live, but post the MIDI track recording input.)

VIC_FRANCE IS MY HERO!!! :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Thank you from the bottom of my heart! I have been searching and searching and I finally found the answer in this thread. I had the same exact issue as the OP and because of you, I will sleep well tonight.

Seriously man, I owe you one.

I hope someone will still respond to this older post. I have a Roland TD50 module with VH-13 hats. When I record MIDI, the hat “shoop” sound (like first hat stroke played in Walk This Way by Aerosmith) doesn’t play back as a “shoop”, it plays as an open hat and a hat pedal tap (two notes). Talking with Roland, they said I needed CC4 setup in Cubase to record a MIDI open/close command. I’m new to MIDI and DAWs and thought this thread may be the answer. I thought this post was saying to use the Input Transformer on the MIDI track to actually record the full range of the 0-127 hat positions, which might include the open/close MIDI command but it didn’t work (assuming I did it right). I’ve been researching but do not have a resolution yet. Can anyone help? Thanks in advance!

ohnow, make sure that you have the midi plugin turned on (I had loaded it but didn’t activate it at first, which is why I had the same issue at first that you are having). Once enabled, it should work. Post a screenshot if ya need to and we’ll see if we can sort it out. :slight_smile:

Thanks Transformer. I’ve got it working but for one project where cymbal chokes aren’t working. I’m planning to post Roland TD50 to Steinberg setup instructions for others when it’s all worked out.

Awesome - I’m sure the community will appreciate your feedback when it’s sorted. Glad to hear that you got it mostly working.