CC121 and CMC modules - fit together?

Hello

Informed today about new new Steinberg/yamaha controller CMC.

Wondering, that important issues on CC121 are still pending and Steinberg releases new hardware.
(Illumination/wrong EQ-allocation/…)

Usually there shall be a completed “old” series before some new ones are announced with probably same mistakes, right?

Anyway, the expectation, that the CC121 shall be extended one day has been cancelled by today, I suppose.

Cheers

Depends on the perspective what expansion mean:
http://www.steinberg.net/en/products/controller/cmc_serie/accessories.html

Depends on the perspective what expansion mean:

Agreed!

But, visually and functionally, the CMC modules does not really fit with the CC121 layout, right?

Cheers

Usually there shall be a completed “old” series before some new ones are announced with probably same mistakes, right?

:question:

Anyway, the expectation, that the CC121 shall be extended one day has been cancelled by today, I suppose.

You can extend your CC121 with the CMC’s

Cheers,

Chris

Hi Chris

That you point out NOT to understand, what problems still occur with the CC121, that’s really not surprising me :laughing:

I kindly ask for rectify the wrong EQ allocation and the dimmable LED’s about ane year ago — no result so far.

Anyway, to be honest, I use the CC121 every day and it works :exclamation:

But… to make myself clear… from the visual point of view, the CMC modules does not really fit to the layout of the CC121, even if the special case is used.

But, I’ll give the CMC a chance and just wait to be able to test it . Probably I have finally to replace my complete setup :unamused:

Cheers

I don’t think they were ever meant to. I think the cc121 is an old product and the new controllers will be the “future.” The case that houses both are, in my opinion, kind of a waste of space and an afterthought–though it would look nicer.

well, they are new controllers. but if their support is as bumpy (almost non-existant) like with the CC121 an upgrade is at least questionable. the cc121 sill has more features (like an knob for very eq-function) - but so far the implementation has been so bad, that i haven’t even used the section properly once in more than 2 years…

I think the CC121 can do all that the new controllers can do in some way or other (except for the drum pads). So I’m not going to rush out and buy them (except the pads which I will purchase, but to trigger macros). While the eq bugs me, I’ve gotten used to it and use it all the time. So Much nicer to use that instead of a mouse. Nonetheless, I was hoping that now that they were paired with Yamaha, Steinberg might support their hardware better. So far, that hasn’t really been the case. I swore I wouldn’t buy another piece of Steinberg hardware, but, alas, I did.