CC121 motorized fader issues Cubase 10.5.12

I don’t know if this is coincidence, but since i updated from cubase 9.5 to 10.5 the motorized fader is behaving strangely.
The fader stops following the track volumes of the selected track after about 15 seconds or so. Pretty erratic when it happens. Then if i give the motorized fader a nudge it catches up and starts moving again.
If i create a new song and track (midi or audio) and move the fader or automation volume line without playback, the motorized fader follows it as it should then does the same thing and freezes until i nudge it physically.
Kinda does sound like a hardware issue but it started exactly after i updated to cubase 10.5, and also does the same thing if i go back to 9.5 now.
I worked out that if you adjust the sensitivity of the CC121 down to 1-3, the fader stops picking up touch signals so cubase wont follow when i move it physically but then if i move the volume in cubase the motorized fader doesn’t get stuck this time.
Tried all the usual; re installed cubase/CC121 latest drivers/Yamaha USB driver. Actually opened it up to see if it was getting caught on anything, dust or dirt.
Maybe its coincidence and the fader is on its way out.
Hope that all made sense. Has anybody ever had this?
Cheers

I have a brand new CC121 and the fader is now not working since updating to Cubase 11 and updating the drivers so that the sends problem was fixed (which it is but seems to be in exchange for a broken fader…lol). As you are, I’m trying to figure out what the problem is. My old Presonus fader 1 is still rock solid with Cubase. Fraction of the price and a completely different company’s product. Way to go Steinberg - quality.

As an update to my previous post - the issue was indeed the power supply - purchased a new one (generic) and all good again. I literally had the unit for two months but live in Canada so was not allowed support on the product (long story). Luckily the fix was simple. How this happens (I’m not the only customer with a bum power supply for a CC121) is not great for Steinberg’s quality control. Happily got my unit working again and the FadePort is back to secondary duties once again.