CC7 & CC10 missing in quick controls...

The design scope and purpose of Quick Controls is for automating VSTs, not to provide an alternate method to send midi commands to the output. But of course, the way we learn the daw isn’t by learning the history of how and why a feature has been added. We then extrapolate from the functions we use and draw a conclusion as to what the scope of the feature is. But that might not match the programmers’ idea.

So then, one makes a feature request. And if it’s fulfilled, another generation of users comprehends this new feature via the same method as above, and the cycle continues. :confused: :astonished: :wink:

yup!

So let’s make it formal then:
Dear Steinberg - please consider adding CC7 & CC10 to the instrument track quick controls, so we can record it live to an automation lane in the project window. Your nearly there (only two CC’s short…) :slight_smile:

Thanks for your replies guys, really appreciated!

3 Likes

The icing on the cake:
If your MIDI/Instrument track is on channel 1-16, Quick control drop down menu will contain “All CC”.
If your MIDI/Instrument track is on channel “Any”, Quick control drop down menu will not contain “All CC”.
Man…

I do a lot of virtual orchestration and Kontakt scripting, these inconsistencies are soooooooooo…not good!

There are so many shortfalls and inconsistencies in Cubase that in almost 30 years of using it, I’ve come to the conclusion that much of the functionality I need is by way of a custom macro. I can’t comment on whether this is possible in your case but maybe worth experimenting(?).
Most of my work is with real orchestra so I don’t do much virtual orchestration and hence I haven’t come across this CC7 and CC10 problem.
Hope you get a response from Steinberg.
Russ Shaw

Well, off the top of my head you could quick control another CC and then use a MIDI plugin to change it to CC7 or CC10? Might work?

Mike.

I’ve used the built in MIDI insert “MIDI Control” for that. That’s the shortest workaround.
But, it doesn’t explain the absence of these two controllers :slight_smile:

and there is still no solution… still no cc7… i really… really… don’t understand it. we can’t have cc7 in 2021. probably never. so sad.

1 Like

I’d love to get CC7 in there. :slight_smile: