.cd File Format

Into WL8 on a Mac I am trying to load a .cd file that I created in 2004 on a PC with who knows what version of Wavelab :wink:
It doesn’t work :laughing:

Trying a tip I got off this forum some time ago, I tried to edit the .cd file to put in the proper Mac path. (The audio source is a single .wav file.)

Opening the file in WL8 “works” but there are no tracks showing in the CD window. I then edited the file changing Name to Name8, Comment to Comment8, inserted SampleRate=44100 - no luck.

I see that if I load the original .wav file from which the CD is compiled, there are no markers shown, although there is a .mrk file in the directory that contains the source wav.

Any suggestions as to whether this is a recoverable situation, or do I have to re-insert the markers in the .wav file and re-create the .cd file. (That’s not really a lot of work, just wondered if there was something I should know for future situations of this kind)

Hi,

If wav and markers file is the same name
I think you should see it in the Audio Files window
if you can then Open a new Montage and insert wav
and in Markers tab then Transcribe markers
or get in contact with a friend who got the WL 5 or WL6 version
and make the Basic CD from there
maybe works ?

regards S-EH

Sounded like a great idea, unfortunately Transcribe Markers said that none were found.

PG, any suggestions?

Are you sure you set the file paths properly inside the CD file? Gives me an example of what you did.

Part of Original File up to the definition of the first track
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
CD Program
{
General
{
OriginalPath=D:\Simmons\Kingcoppell\Concert 20040815\French CD.cd
BeforeTrk1=30
BeforeTrkX=5
BeforeIndex=5
AfterTrk=2
AfterLastTrk=60
ShowPQ=1
EAN
}
Tracks
{
Track
{
File=D:\Simmons\Kingcoppell\Concert 20040815\Finalised\French Organ Music ex Montage.wav|Finalised\French Organ Music ex Montage.wav
Pause2=0
Comment
Index=0
Start=0
Len=37092216
Name=Franck
CP=0
PE=0
ISRC
}
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Updated File
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Basic Audio CD
{
General
{
OriginalPath=/Volumes/Bemuse/PlayItAgain/2004/Kincoppal/20040815 Vincent Dubois/French CD WL8
BeforeTrk1=0
BeforeTrkX=0
AfterTrk=0
AfterLastTrk=0
AdjustSilences=1
DefPause=150
PlayMS=0
EAN
}
Tracks
{
Track-7
{
File=/Volumes/Bemuse/PlayItAgain/2004/Kincoppal/20040815 Vincent Dubois/Finalised/French Organ Music ex Montage.wav|Finalised/French Organ Music ex Montage.wav
SampleRate=44100
Pause2=0
Comment8
Index=0
Start=0
Len=37092216
Name8=Franck
CP=1
PE=0
ISRC
}
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

WL8 “opens” the CD without complaint, but there are no tracks

Could this have something to do with the path in Windows and OSX !

OriginalPath=D:\Simmons\Kingcoppell\Concert 20040815\French CD.cd

\ as in PC

OriginalPath=/Volumes/Bemuse/PlayItAgain/2004/Kincoppal/20040815 Vincent Dubois/French CD WL8

/ as in Mac

to simple ?

regards S-EH

It looks ok. But look at this sign |
The string after | is meant to represent the audio file path relatively to the .cd file
For instance:
“Finalised/French Organ Music ex Montage.wav”
Means the .cd file should be located just outside the “Finalised” subfolder.

Philippe

Hi PG

That is the case as you will see from the attachment. I would respectfully suggest that perhaps the problem lies with an incompatibility with the .mrk file which although present does not appear to load when I load the .wav file and therefore the .cd file, although it finds the .wav file does not locate the tracks and therefore no tracks appear in the CD window.

It’s not a serious problem, I don’t often get requests for copies as far back as this and it’s usually easily re-constructible.

Thanks for your input.

By sheer curiosity, where do you get these .cd files? How this code is generated?
Many thanks
AMG

Hi AMG

Just open the file with a text editor and you will see this code

Hi Greg
Sorry, Which file? Where is it located?

OK I found them. Quite interesting !
AMG