CD Import @ 48kHz

I have the following issues when importing CDs while working with 48kHz projects:

First of all preview playback in the Import Dialog plays back the file in the right tempo/tuning, so I suspect Sample Rate conversion is done on the fly. But I cannot playback audio tracks until the end, they will stop before.

When I import a track it is played back to small, because it is in 44 kHz. I would expect that Cubase asks if the Sample Rate should be converted. To solve the issue I have to reimport the generated audio file, then I am asked if the Sample Rate should be converted.

is this a bug?

“When I import a track it is played back to small, because it is in 44 kHz. I would expect that Cubase asks if the Sample Rate should be converted. To solve the issue I have to reimport the generated audio file, then I am asked if the Sample Rate should be converted.”

Sorry, but you’re not making sense…

“When I import a track it is played back to (too?) small, because it is in 44 kHz” - what does this mean?

When you import a CD track into a 48k project, Cubase converts it to a 48k file - this should happen automatically if you have set the Preference to do that, if not it will ask if you want to copy the file or convert it.

Have you tried it (I mean with an Audio CD import) It does works with normal audio file import but not with CD import. The preference setting does not matter on audio CD import (at least until version 5). There are plenty of posts about this in the old forum IIRC.

Yes, you would expect in to import it at your project settings… However I still need to resample the audio.

You can just highlight the import and go to Audio>Processes>Resample and choose the correct sample rate. Mine is already on 48000, and i just click ok