CD Markers

I have six tracks of audio of a live performance and I have placed cd markers at the start and end of all the tracks, so far so good. I then bind these markers to the audio, so they should be move with the clip I think.

Next I want to delete al the chit chat between end/start markers, so to do this I use auto split and it works great, except the cd markers are now all in the wrong place, where am I going wrong?

One more thing, is there a way to export the clips as audio, I need the six tracks as individual files (six per song) so I can do some more work in Cubase, and about 12 songs I would end up with 72 files, ideally named after the cd markers in groups of 6.

Next I want to delete al the chit chat between end/start markers, so to do this I use auto split and it works great, except the cd markers are now all in the wrong place, where am I going wrong?

When you split clips, the marker attachment get lost. The procedure is more to add the markers at the end of editing, after things are correct.

One more thing, is there a way to export the clips as audio, I need the six tracks as individual files (six per song) so I can do some more work in Cubase, and about 12 songs I would end up with 72 files, ideally named after the cd markers in groups of 6.

Yes, look in the Render dialog, there are options to render multiples regions.

Philippe

Thanks for quick reply, moving the markers is no big deal with the snap, but I have a problems with the rendering.

I started with 4 mono and one stereo file and when I render it only produces the 4 mono files, all named with the CD marker text which is great, but the stereo file wont render. I tried splitting it into 2 mono files in the Montage but I still only get the first 4, I also did a save as in the wave editor as dual mono files but my 3.92gig stereo file ended up as 2 16meg files, same length 24/96 etc and plays OK but the reported file size seems too small.

Difficult to understand the ins and outs from your description.
I suggest you upload a screen shot of the montage and of the render dialog settings.

I have attached some screenshots, let me know what else you need.

One more

You have a multi channel montage and multiple CD tracks?
What files to you expect to get at the end? Try to edit the file format in the Render dialog, to make the file format more explicit (rather than “default”).

I was just trying to put together a cd of the tracks from the live performance but I now need to do some other editing in Melodyne Editor that cannot be done in Wavelab AFAIK.

I thought that I could do this in the montage, ie save the files as parts ( songs) as to process the whole file (the vocal track) in Cubase or Protools is too much (long) and it crashes.

To be honest I am comfortable with the wave editor in Wavelab but the Montage while I use it, is still, after many updates since the first incarnation, still a bit of a mystery in many respects despite reading the manual, and also not using it on a day to day basis doesn’t help.

Basically I want to do something and the software I buy should make it (relatively) easy I think. Having looked quickly at the default setting, it is not immediately apparent what alternative setting I should use to achieve my objective. Thanks

I think ‘as selected clips’ would be the better option to chose: for each ‘CD Track’ select all clips, render as selected clips in mono 24/96. Mixing stereo and mono here is not a good idea, though it might work with leaving the number of channels ‘as source’.

I was just a bit confused as why it only rendered the first four channels when 8 channels where selected

|Thanks Arjan for the reply.

The files I am editing came from a Zoom H6, ie 4 mono and 1 stereo file. I find it hard to believe (surprised) a program such as Wavelab has trouble dealing with a combination of mono and stereo files, though after converting the stereo back to dual mono and still having the problem has me even more confused.

I initially thought it may be because I had 4 mono and 1 stereo files and Wavelab had treated the first four mono channels as stereo (eight) but that doesn’t make sense really.

It all works well for the 4 mono channels and if anyone can give me a heads up on settings to include the stereo (or dual mono) so I end up rendering six files I would be most grateful.

Did you try my suggestion? Should work, certainly if you split the stereo in two mono tracks and keeping in mind PG’s tip to tell WL what to output.

Thanks PG and Arjan. Finally got it to work, match input stream didn’t do what I thought it would but multi mono produced 8 files of which 2 are empty when I selected all clips after slitting the stereo file.

Next one should be a lot smoother, BTW it would be great if Melodyne Editor worked in the wave editor, it would have saved me the trouble of rendering all these clips.