I’ve searched the forum and I know this question has been asked a thousand times already, but none of the answers provided solve my problems. At some points in the score, my celli refuse to be condensed. All the other strings do, but not the celli. It’s not due to voice crossings and there’s really nothing too special about the celli score.
I’m attaching the project file - see page 2:
-Les sons et les parfums tournent dans l’air du soir- v3.1.dorico (1.6 MB)
Thanks a lot in advance.
how did you want the celli to look in the score?. i see 4 distinct parts, which makes me think to cast off with 4 celli lines (not divisi) and do a custom condensing group in Layout. also solo players and section players do not condense together AFAIK.
I’m suspecting it’s because the top staff turns into Solo halfway through the system—Solo staves are never condensed.
Thanks for the reply. I would like the 4 celli parts condensed, I think it’s only practical on two staves (but definitely not four). I’ve tried including the celli as a custom condensing group but that hasn’t helped.
Hi - you’re right, thanks! That’s probably the issue. I’ve noticed before that solo parts cannot be condensed. I’ll see if I can find a solution by maybe including a system break.
Or, just fake it: have a regular (tutti) div à 2 and then rename the two sections Solo and gli altri.
Heh, this is weird. I deleted the solo Vc. later on because I actually didn’t need it anymore. Now Vc. 1.2 are condensing, but 3.4 are not: