Change 5-line to one-line of a bass drum

Hello,
I don’t find how to change my Bass drum (5-line to one line) . It was created with hallion sound and I changed in Play mode to kontakt vst. So I just want to change the aspect of the sheet without to affect the sound.
bassrdrum
Is it possible or must I add new instrument and use change instrument that I want to avoid
best regards and thanks

Is your bass drum a percussion kit that’s set to appear as a 5-line staff in this layout? You can tell it’s a kit if in Setup mode, the instrument label is green. Or if this was an XML import or similar, is it definitely a bass drum - it may have been imported as a different type of instrument.

Hello Lillie,
Thanks for your answer. Yes the label is green and I have the option to edit the percussion kit. Possibility to revert it to single line like when it’s grey?
best regards
Dup

You could change the kit presentation so it appears as a single-line instrument (as per my previous link), or you could remove the bass drum from the kit so it’s just a standalone instrument anyway.

Thanks Lillie,
I keep your answer for a next time when I have time to study
Your fisrt solution gave me a lot of extra single line in the score and the second solution leave the five line but delete the notes in the part…so finally I rewrite the passge in a new intrument
(p.s You were right it’s a xml import from sibelius)
Best regards

It should remove the selected instrument but leave that instrument in the project, as another instrument held by that player. E.g. like this, after I removed the kick drum from the kit:

perc_kit_removed_kick_drum

Hello Lillie;
Your will to help others is endless: thank you very much!
I understood my mistake: as I was in a hurry to remove the bass drum from the kit, I made “delete” and not click on the remove icon .
You master very very well Dorico: a chance for us :slightly_smiling_face:
best regards
dup

1 Like

Those are very kind words, thank you - I’m pleased to hear all is well!