Change feature a little - snap to clip end and/or cue point

I’ve noticed when I’m trying to line up clips in the montage there is a small issue…

Sometimes if there’s a short fade in or fade out (just a few ms), when I try to drag one clip to match another it will snap to the cue point of the fade rather than the left clip side or right clip side. This is a problem because in order to line up Clips I have to zoom in super far so that I can truly line up with the clip side instead of the cue point for the fade…

Anyway, PG, if you are willing to fix this, that would be awesome… I don’t mind that it suggests the cue point, I just wish that by dragging a little further it would also present the option to select the clip side.

Thanks,
Todd

I posted about this along time ago, but I just wanted to make sure it doesn’t get lost…

+1

What about simply disabling the related magnet?..
2020-06-28_16-14-30.png

I’d have to check, but I seem to remember the quirky behaviour happening exactly like toader describes.

Yeah, that might work… I don’t often snap to cue points… I’ll give it a try. Thanks!

Todd

I tried this. Works perfectly! I’m psyched! I just disabled snapping to clip cue points… Gotta remember it’s disabled though in case I’m every trying to snap to cue points again sometime in the future.

Thanks PG!
-Todd

I know this is an old thread… but PG, is there any way to make ALL montages open with the “Clip Cue Point” and “Clip End Cue Point” magnets both unchecked? I love that I can do this… but I’d like to make it the default behavior for my Wavelab montages…

Thanks,
Todd

Indirectly, yes.
These options are local to each montage. Hence you need to create an empty montage, set the settings as you like, then save it as a (default) template. This way, each time you create a montage, it will use the desired settings.

Awesome - thanks PG!

Todd