Change font globally afterwards

Hi,

I am trying to figure out, how to change the default font of text and chord symbols in Dorico for iPad after you already created the project. Is this maybe a subscriber-only option?

1 Like

Go into Preferences from the Application Menu (top right) - General. In the top box, to the right is a place to change the text font family*. I don’t think there is a way to change the music & chord typefaces once you begin the project. I believe that has to be set in the initial setup.

*I do have a subscription, so I don’t know if it is there because of this - or for everyone.

Yeah, you were right and it‘s not a subscription feature!
Maybe to change the overall font globally can be implemented in a future update? Until that my Ear Training class has to stick with Petaluma and Academico. But thank you.

You’re welcome and welcome to the forum.

We will add a means of changing the music font (between the two factory-supplied defaults of Bravura and Petaluma) in the next update to Dorico for iPad. Thanks for the feedback!

4 Likes

Two questions on iPad:

How can I change the font for chord symbols after I’ve edited the project?
Edit: looks like I’m able to set the default font in preferences, but it’s only applied to new projects.

In Write, is there a way to get out of the token mode? Double tapping brought up {@projectTitle@} but I’d like to see the actual titles.

You can’t edit font styles in Dorico for iPad, I’m afraid. To see the real project title rather than the token, tap on the name of the document in the toolbar, which will open the Project Info dialog.

1 Like

Thanks!

Can you recommend a workaround for when the font needs to be changed?

I have a couple of cases where I’d need to print out different working versions of the same project with the clef and the font being the main differences.

Unfortunately there’s really no good way to do this in Dorico for iPad at the moment, which is also the case in Dorico Elements (which has a more or less identical level of functionality to Dorico for iPad, provided you have an active subscription or the Lifetime Unlock in-app purchase).