Change in layout of one flow destroys layouts in subsequent flows

Yes, indeed. You have all read my mind. For the present, separate flows and InDesign are the way forward.

Many thanks.

Was wondering if the formatting issues surrounding flows that were discussed in this thread have been addressed in the new version (as I sit here reformatting an entire show score because I added a flow near the beginning).

Nope.

+1 to this as a feature request. I convinced my boss to switch us to Dorico because I like it so much for personal composing, but issues created by adding flows earlier in projects or moving typset flows around cost us hours of work and make me feel pretty embarrassed about that decision. There needs to be a way to move flows and preserve typesetting, this seems to be a very common and obvious feature request (I recognise flows can start halfway down a page, so it’s non-trivial to implement, but the point remains).

1 Like
2 Likes

Welcome to the forum, @JoshWinestock. I hope that Dorico will give you many reasons not to regret your decision to use it.

1 Like

@JoshWinestock

If each flow starts on a new page, one can turn off page numbers, print a Dorico file to PDF , and rearrange the flows/pages and paginate the resulting file in a PDF editing program.

Not the ideal solution, but a solution nevertheless.

1 Like

Great trick that I will hopefully remember if this comes up, @Jeff_Frohner!