Change location of Cubase templates?

Is there a way to change the location of Cubase Templates away from the obscure “C:\Users[username]\AppData\Roaming\Steinberg\Cubase 10.5_64\Project Templates” so that I can more easily include them in backups?

Cheers

Create a new Template folder anywhere you like and move the current Templates to it. When Cubase looks for a new Template redirect it to you new folder.

I have all my Templates also saved as regular Cubase .cpr Projects in folders right alongside my regular Projects - where they all get backed up daily-ish (full/incremental schedule). That way I can easily restore any template if needed.

That said the AppData folder and those below are also included in the daily backup since there is plenty of other stuff in there I don’t want to loose.

In general I like to let Cubase put stuff wherever it wants, just to avoid any potential problems. Also think it is smart to backup all the content on every disk - with the exception of libraries which are pretty static.

Thanks both. I do backup the entire boot/prog drive, but I also have a Cubase Resources folder on another drive which I’d rather use for templates.

I detest the way MS put important things in [normally] hidden folders.

Cheers,