Change solo player to section player... without losing my Engrave Mode tweaks?

I know that in setup mode, I can drag the instrument tag from the solo player into an empty-handed section player. However, doing so eliminates all the formatting tweaks I’ve done in the solo part. I’ve done all I can globally, but I always need system & frame breaks for page turns.

Is there any way I can convert a solo player into a section player, so I can use the divisi function, without having to redo all the system breaks and such?

Normally I wouldn’t be doing this all in the wrong order like that, but it’s for a round of revisions for a client who has decided instead of 4 solo parts, to do do 12 divisi parts with slight differences (1A, 1B, 1C, 2A, 2B, 2C, etc)

1 Like

Unfortunately not. You’re not missing any hidden workflow, I’m afraid.

I agree it would be very convenient to convert a solo player to a section player and vice versa. It’s one of those things you rarely need, but when you do…

1 Like

If you assign the empty-handed player to the existing part layout first, then move the instrument, does that preserve your system/frame breaks? Or, propagate part formatting from the old part to the new player’s part?

2 Likes

Sorry about the 3-days late reply - the revisions got much more complicated so I ended up just creating three different copies of the file as a workaround. HOWEVER in case someone is searching for this in the future, I can confirm I did try your solution and it works!!

I assigned the empty-handed player to Cello 1, then moved the instrument in the Cello 1 dropdown to the Empty-Handed player, then removed Cello 1 from the part layout. It seems to have preserved my system & frame breaks just fine :slight_smile: Thank you!

1 Like