Change Track to specific color using key command / marco?

I personally find it hard to visually see if a track is disabled or enabled, so I personally change my track colors for disabled tracks to grey, so the tracks and more importantly regions become greyed out. However it gets a bit tedious to do this manually. Is there a way to change selected tracks to a specific color using key command / marco? Also is it possible to hide/show tracks based on their color?

Is there a way to change selected tracks to a specific color using key command / marco?

You can use project logical editor for that.

If you leave the Parameter 1 field empty, it will use default color, which is grey. Otherwise use Color 1, Color 2…

Once you save it as preset, you can assign a key command to it.

Also is it possible to hide/show tracks based on their color?

Probably not at the moment, but it would be a great addition to project logical editor.

If you leave the Parameter 1 field empty, it will use default color, which is grey. Otherwise use Color 1, Color 2…

This works from project window. However it doesn’t work in Audio Part Editor. How can i make it work there?

Sure you can. See the attached. FYI you can name colors whatever you want so all of mine are named for what they indicate rather that the default “color 1” etc. - hence the color in the example is “Submix 3” which is really a light cream color.

You’d need to change the top section so it selects the desired events withing the Part Editor. Right now as you can see from the very first line it is specific to Tracks which exist in the Project Window but there are no Tracks in the Audio Part Editor so it can’t work there because it will always fail the first condition and not select anything.

You’d need to change the top section so it selects the desired events withing the Part Editor. Right now as you can see from the very first line it is specific to Tracks which exist in the Project Window but there are no Tracks in the Audio Part Editor so it can’t work there because it will always fail the first condition and not select anything.

Of course i’ve changed the first line to Audio but it still doesn’t work neither on Cubase 8 nor in Cubase 10. I attached the screen. What i’m doing wrong? Can you confirm your PLE sets color in Audio Part Editor?

No I can confirm that the PLE I posted won’t work on Parts from just looking at it because it is specific to Tracks. I never use color inside Audio parts and don’t anticipate I ever will. You may or may not be able to select Audio Events inside a Part, but if you can it is the top part of the PLE where it will happen.