Changes to mouse wheel functionality in 6.0.20

Old behaviour:

• Ctrl + Wheel = zoom freq/vertical axis

• Shift + Wheel = zoom time/horizontal axis

• Shift + Ctrl + Wheel = zoom both axis (linked)

IMO, this was fantastic as it allowed for very speedy navigation of the spectragram.

In update 6.0.20 we now have “options” of what the mouse wheel and modifiers do. Unfortunately this seems to be limited to zooming on the time scale with the mouse wheel linked to either Alt or Ctrl, while the other modifier must be used for sliding the 3D view left and right… zooming freq and zooming on both axis seems to be absent entirely. Also alt+shift as a modifier appears to not be a thing anymore?

Hopefully I’m missing something and the old mouse wheel behavior can be restored in an option somewhere, as this is going to really slow down my editing.

EDIT: Ok, I was missing something. Zoom All is now on Ctrl + Alt + Wheel, zoom freq is on… Alt + Shift + Ctrl + Wheel. Yikes, but also phew. Please give us the option to reassign these as we see fit. I’m sure I don’t speak for everyone, but I personally never use the 3D view.

There were some slight adjustments to the default shortcuts but not as drastic as you mentioned or remember :slight_smile:

Old behavior:

• Wheel = zoom time/horizontal axis

• Shift + Wheel = zoom freq/vertical axis

• Ctrl + Wheel = zoom both axis (linked)

New default behavior:

• Wheel = zoom time/horizontal axis

• Shift + Wheel = zoom freq/vertical axis

• Ctrl + Alt + Wheel = zoom both axis (linked)

with additionally,

• Ctrl + Wheel = 3D

So the only shortcut that changed is Ctrl+Wheel to Ctrl+Alt+Wheel.
Additionally you can also zoom freq/vertical just by pressing the wheel while rolling.