Changing color on multiple tracks

Is there ANY way to color several tracks at once? I tried using qlink on several channels in the mixer. But only one changed color. Also, why can’t you place pics in the Out Busses?

Do you mean entire Tracks or Audio Objects on the tracks? Two different things.

Assuming you mean Tracks:

1. Make sure NO Audio Objects are selected.
  2. Select as many tracks as you like using Shift or Control.
  3. Use the Color drop down Menu at at the top of the Project Window to select the color you want.
  4. Done.

If there is no Color Menu visible, you will need to go to visibility Setup for the Project Window bar.

Thanks. Why won’t it work from the color palette on the tracks themselves? If I were changing the volume on multiple tracks, I would just select a bunch of tracks, and enter the new volum on any of the selected tracks and all of them would change to the new volume value. Why is color different?

Thanks. Why won’t it work from the color palette on the tracks themselves? If I were changing the volume on multiple tracks, I would just select a bunch of tracks, and enter the new volum on any of the selected tracks and all of them would change to the new volume value. Why is color different?

Because that would be consistent and make sense. Like being able to do it in the mixer with Q-link activated…but no, that is too consistent for Nuendo :unamused:

Thank you for that. I was wrestling with this issue yesterday. You sure are right about not having an audio object selected. I just tried it and the colour palette showed the selected colour but none of the tracks or the audio object changed colours. Had to reverse my steps to get out of the mess and then just select the tracks and go to the colour bar at the top of the Project Window for things to work.

It is kind of bizarre that you can’t select the tracks and then go to the colour assignment bar in one of the tracks and have things ‘just work’.