changing destinations in cubase

ok…thanks, I now know where my prefs are…so I’m gonna delete that folder (after copying it) and see where I end up…thanks everyone…Kevin

Fine ! Keep us informed…

so moved the prefs folder to desktop and when I opened cubase I got the blue screen of death so I reckon there is something else goin on…so gonna spend the rest of the week doin a total re install of windows and everything else…
I’ve had 2 good years with this set up and the last time strange things started to happen it was the pre curser to a crash so hoping to pre emt it…cheers, Kevin

Sorry to read this… Any other misbehavior, even putting aside Cubase that could give you a hint about what could be the culprit ? Something like a strange behaving driver, a recent program install that went wrong, even an unfortunate BIOS tweak or whatever… Could be worth trying to track any of such things, before the hassle of reinstalling and authorizing everything.

My DAW/setup is three years old and, despite this, it’s the thing I would do only if nothing else could be done…

Yeah I take your point but I’m pretty useless at trouble shooting computer stuff ( wouldn’t dare do a bios tweak)and in the past have ended up just digging a deeper hole, at least a clean install and re installing applications etc is straightforward and does the job…thanks for your interest…best, Kevin

Exactly the reason you should use safe-mode as a first port of call.

at least a clean install and re installing applications etc is straightforward and does the job…

It does of course but is a definite last resort.

Hi henceforth and thanks for your interest…you are correct of course but me being such an impatient person and again…not good at troubleshooting,reckons that in a couple of days it’ll be done and dusted, the methodical approach doesn’t work for me because I just can not do it…really wish I could, just aint got the brains when it comes to computers, usually get myself into a big mess and end up having to re install anyway, so best to just get on with it…thanks again for your help…Kevin

Hi shadow, it sounds like you have done some investigation and this is good but would it not hurt to try safe-mode to at least troubleshoot if preferences are the problem and if so, them follow cubic’ advice?

Hi henceforth…I don’t think you understand how just plain daft I am when it comes to computers, to a clever person such as youself and the others on this thread your talking perfect sense, to me the simple though obviously longer process of re installing is straightforward and without any problems…and given the way I “work” on computers by the time I do all the investigations (which may or may not solve the problem) I’ll be reinstalled and ready to go…come Friday it’ll be sorted…thanks again, your interest and help is very welcome…Kevin

Cubase Safe Start and Preferences

https://www.steinberg.net/en/support/knowledgebase_new/show_details/kb_show/safe-start-mode-resetting-the-cubase-preferences/kb_back/2025.html?tx_p77sbknowledgebase_pi1[keyword_search]=Safe%20Start

for moderator:

within the above mentioned link is another link…

https://www.steinberg.net/en/support/knowledgebase_new/show_details/kb_show/troubleshooting-instructions-for-cubase-nuendo-and-sequel-on-windows/

on my system, this is broken…

Could it be the result of mouse-wheeling over the slots? Or cursor keys and when the region’s active?

Mike.

Sounds like someone’s really taking the mickey out of Kevin…who’s really begin Shadowfax? :unamused:

Yes, end users need an efficient knowledge base from which links can be shared; not a tag soup as is currently the case.