Changing fingering in properties of chords bug

When I try to change the fingerings of a chord in the properties panel I see … instead of the numbers. When I delete these dots and input e.g. 2,3 for the new fingering I want I get this:

I don’t think that this should be this way.

Fingering properties are set per-notehead, which means for each notehead in a tie chain. Switch to Engrave mode and select each notehead individually at the start of the tie chain. If you want to simply replace the fingerings, you don’t need to use Properties: just type Shift+F and type in the new fingerings directly via the popover as if creating them for the first time.

This strange output also happens when there are no tied notes. I then get even three times fingerings for the chord when I change it in the properties.

I know that I can reinput the fingerings but I expected that it should work in properties als well as it works when there is only one note with one fingering.

Well, it will work as you expect if you select only one note and not the chord.

Well obviously yes, but that was not what I asked for in the topic.

OK, but you’re asking for the program to work in a different way to that in which it’s designed. The Properties panel can only show you properties that are consistent. Fingerings are properties of notes. One of the notes in your dyad has the fingering “2” and the other has the fingering “3”. When you select two notes, the fingering properties are not consistent, i.e. they have different values. The Properties panel can only show you values if they are consistent. Hence, when you select two notes and they have inconsistent properties, you can see that they both have fingerings (i.e. the switch is activated) but you cannot see the values (i.e. you see ‘…’ in the edit control).

Whether you like this behaviour or not, I suppose, is beside the point, since this is how the program works, how it’s designed to work, and it’s most certainly not a bug.

Well, so this was my last time trying to help.

It sounded to me as if you were asking for help, not trying to help. You were reporting what you thought was a bug: it’s not a bug, and I’ve explained why. I’m sorry that this has somehow upset you.