Changing instrument brackets after the fact

I just discovered that staff bracketing reverts to a default setting when dividing a score into flows. In a score I had divided the vocalists into two brackets, one for the soloists and the other for the choir, and with single staves still having brackets. This is the way I had set it up at the beginning and after dividing the score up into flows, the first flow is still this way. Subsequent flows, however, have all vocal lines bracketed together and single staves have no brackets. I had to turn on ‘Hide empty staves after first system’ and change the bracketing in each flow manually. Is this intentional? I can understand the flexibility of different flows having different settings but wouldn’t it be logical for subsequent flows to take over the bracketing settings from the previous flow, or am I missing something?

It would be very nice to be able to perform certain operations** on the entire document, rather than doing every flow separately. I’m sure there’s a plan.

** Transposing, for one.

You’re not missing anything: bracketing changes are created as items at a specific rhythmic position in a given flow, and they certainly won’t apply to a later flow because flows are, by design, completely independent from each other. However, I agree it would be nice to be able to copy and paste a bracketing change from one flow to another, provided that the destination flow has a consistent set of players. This doesn’t work at the moment for boring technical reasons, but given sufficient time and attention this would not be insurmountable. However, it’s not near the very top of our list of things to work on at the moment, I’m afraid.

Thanks, Daniel. It’s not that big a deal, just a bit time-consuming. I’m used to spending a lot more time on much more mundane tasks!