I have 3 horns in a brass section that need to read 1-3-2. So I was able to do a custom order of players doing that perfectly. A strange but hopefully resolvable problem has arisen when I’ve then proceeded to change the name of those horns.
It’s a French publisher, and they wanted “Cor” for when just one, and “Cors” when 2 or 3. So I changed the abreviation from “Cor” to “Cors” since they are almost always 2 or 3. Then I’d maybe take the “s” off in Acrobat.
So in Galley view for my “PO FULL SCORE” layout, I saw in order 1, 3, 2. But upon changing the names of the instruments, I now have 1, 2, 3. The staves haven’t jumped back to the original order, it’s just the names (2 & 3) that flipped.
Unfortunately, I just realized that the names had changed, after having corrected about 320 of 400 pages of score (divided into 4 files).
I’m hoping (praying) that someone might know how to resolve this!