Changing split point/note in Score

Hi,

Wouldn’t it be nice to be able to change the split point in score editor within a selected range say from bar 10 to 12? Just like exceptions in the Display quantize tool. Of course, if we don’t’ want to use polyphony.

Yes I totally agree. I’m dealing with that issue now. For most of the score the split point is good, but I need to change it for one measure (or even one note).

However, you can tweak it by changing Settings > Staff > Polyphonic > Staff Mode = Polyphonic, then selecting the note and changing the channel for that note (in the toolbar). This moves the note from a treble clef channel to a bass clef channel.

Yes-- and by using just one channel for each staff of the grand staff, there’s no polyphonic display.

You can do this using a Logical Editor preset, which can be bound to a keystroke.

In this example pitch is used to select the notes, you could also base the selection on selected notes, or other things.
(place preset in \Documents\Steinberg\Cubase\User Presets\Logical Edit to make it appear in Cubase’s Key Commands dialog)
Create Staff Split.xml (4.7 KB)