changing tempo moves events in musical mode

sure thing, bud;)

create a project,
import or record audio
edit the audio so there is “free space” in the unseen area left and right of the event edges
change tempo

(the only way it “stays put” is if it is bounced and musical mode is active)

• I do not really care to bounce every event - maybe i need some material of the event from the empty space to the left and right of the visible event later you see;)

• actually, now that I think about it, one should not ever have to press anything… If one wants to change tempo, the tempo should just change without any prerequisits… - If one wants certain events to retain their original bpm, one could specifically select them to “not chaqnge” seems kinda backwards as it is…:wink:

(cannot demonstrate it atm because my gear is packed for an excursion tomorrow and I am in bed… you will have to wait till saturday or sunday for a visual demonstration :wink:)

edit: all I know is that in a certain “ahem” other daw, one can change tempo in any circumstance and everything just changes tempo while retaining the groove/flow etc

• and -
    that in CB, often after many micro edits and this and that and i just wanna change the tempo to relax a little, it is often bound to first bouncing events and opening pool, setting marker… - I would like to not have to bounce the files first as further editing is then impossible… nor should i have to go into the pool and set markers… you know, just change the dang tempo without having to jump through hoops;)

The folks doing film & TV work (a significant portion of the user base) would go crazy if this happened. They need to anchor some audio to bars & beats and other audio to minutes & seconds, some stretched & some not - all in the same Project.

Initially the audio time stretching in Cubase can seem confusing. That’s in part because folks need to use it in complex ways. But once you sus it out it’s easy enough to use.

I wanted to replicate your example, but you lost me at “free space”

edit the audio so there is “free space” in the unseen area left and right of the event edges

Not sure what you actually want to happen in this step.

ok, then lets revert to the “one button” option to include all creative applications of tempo changes :wink: (basically include music makers to that list of tv and movie guys n gals)

I understand it perfectly btw, that is why I “chimed in” :wink:

i call “free space” any material that is positioned to the left and right of the visible event (yet still a part of the event)… (take an event and drag the left and right event edges to make the event smaller - then you will have “free space” or “extra material” to the left and right of the audio event - viewable in the audio editor and if you would drag the event edges to the left or right;) )

ffs- why cant i sleep…gah! :stuck_out_tongue:

edit: I will make a video by monday so you all understand;)

editedit: Monday video is postponed for now… :wink: