Changing the entire effects of VST instrument

Ok…Man I’m so frustrated at this point it’s driving me nuts. It’s like every little issue I have I do two hours of searching in manuals and internet to find the solution but never do…So my issue here is, I played a part with “alicia’s keys” on my cubase, recorded it, and it sounded great. Then I recorded another section using a different environment (studio, concert, etc) and it sounded better, however, the rest of my track sounds like my old piano settings. How do I apply this to my entire piano track without having to re-play everything? Because half of the track is in the old environment, and half is in the new environment…Please for the love of all that is good help. I’m losing creative steam here, because I’m spending 3 hours researching how to fix something on a 10 second recording…

Thanks…

Your new here, so its easy to get frustrated. Cubase is a tour de force of programming and it takes years to really get comfortable with it.

I don’t know your piano program so cant answer your specific question, but here is newbie advice if you want it.

Go through the excellent tutorial videos- preferably with a demo project of your own to play about with. Spend a week or two at least, its a big program and it takes both Art and tech skills to master.

Read the Manual, read it again, go through every button and at least identify what it does.

It WILL be frustrating, but you can find a way of dealing with that, this is a good forum

Happy Journeys

Z

I suspect you are using Instrument Tracks? And I’m assuming you are loading Alicia’s Keys in Kontakt?

Create your instrument (Kontakt) as a Rack Instrument (don’t create an Instrument Track). Now create a couple of MIDI Tracks and route their output to the Rack Instrument (you set the MIDI Track’s destination in the Track Inspector).

Now you have a single instantiation of Alicia’s Keys and two MIDI Tracks triggering it. You can have as many MIDI tracks pointing to it as you like. It’s a better use of your computer’s resources - and you will hear the same sound from every MIDI Track because you only have one instance of the instrument loaded.

Instrument Tracks have a lot to answer for IMO…

Hi you,

you have to be Aware that if you use the effects INSIDE Kontakt (Alicias Keys) and record them to an Audio track, you have no Option to Change the Sound afterwards.

If you record the midi only (is that what you did?) Then it is quite simple, because you simply have to adjust the effects in alicias keys and re-record the section to Audio.

But … this is all speculation… can you tell us exactly what you were doing? Which type of tracks do you use, how many instances of Alicias keys do you use, what exactly did you do when you “recorded” …

Ernst

Hi you,

you have to be Aware that if you use the effects INSIDE Kontakt (Alicias Keys) and record them to an Audio track, you have no Option to Change the Sound afterwards.

If you record the midi only (is that what you did?) Then it is quite simple, because you simply have to adjust the effects in alicias keys and re-record the section to Audio.

But … this is all speculation… can you tell us exactly what you were doing? Which type of tracks do you use, how many instances of Alicias keys do you use, what exactly did you do when you “recorded” …

Ernst

As pointed out a rack instrument is the way to go - the only downside is if you’re playing “real” piano using footpedals for damping or sustain then that will be applied to all the midi notes being routed to the same patch on AKs. Of course you can load multiple instances of AK in Kontact and have a different channel for each instance.