Changing the key of an entire song

Hello, I am still using Cubase 5 and I just recorded a song that is in the key of C but I need to bring it down to G. Every instrument has been recorded through midi, don’t know if that makes any difference but every video I’ve watched on the subject has only dealt with audio tracks… Not midi. Secondly, when I select the audio tab and go to advance everything is great out I don’t have the option of getting to the pitch shifting tool/tools. Also I so where under the midi time there’s a transpose option I tried using that a couple times and it didn’t sound right and then after a few tries of that then that was great out as well along with some other tabs which were made optional previously is anyone know how I can achieve this task I tried using that a couple times and it didn’t sound right and then after a few tries of that then that was great out as well along with some other tabs which were made optional previously is anyone know how I can achieve this task?

add a transpose track and use the draw tool to draw an event from the beginning of the song to the end and then you see a small field in the left corner of the event. press that field and use the mouse wheel to transpose the song up or down

when you transpose the whole song, some parts like drum parts and samples are also transposed. If you dont want that just select the entire event, that you dont want transposed and then in the top of the project windows in the info line area, press the text under global transpose, so it says unfollow in stead of follow.

Thanks guys really save my life on this.

If you want to find the keys of any song then I recommend GetSongKey: https://www.getsongkey.com as they have a database fulls of tracks that helps with mixing tracks together. I haven’t had to pay a penny and I’ve found the keys to be spot on.