Changing the order of instruments in the mixer

Whilst working on a project in Dorico I have at various points added and substracted players.
While I can rearrange the order of players in the full score layout, I am left with a higgledy-piggledy order of instruments in the mixer channels.
Is there any way of reassigning/reordering the channels in the mixer and/or reassigning/rearranging the order in Halion Sonic SE in order to have a tidier layout?

Unfortunately there’s no way of reordering the channels in the Mixer except by doing Play > Playback Template and reapplying the default playback template, but you will lose any specific adjustments you’ve made when you do so.

Thank you - I hadn’t made any adjustments except the occasional changing of an instrument, so following your suggestion has improved things.

Hey there

Can you now do this in Dorico 4?? my clarinets, flutes, saxes, etc are all over the place. Would be so great to be able to drag the tracks left and right and make them group how you wanted…

6 Likes

Just wanted to add that those “specific adjustments” mentioned above that will be lost by re-applying the playback template not only consist of the changes made within the virtual instruments but also all settings made within the mixer :frowning:

Such a bummer, mixing is critical in a full score that has lots of players. With all of the other problems that are encountered in Dorico this should of been a no brainier for the developers. Fantastic program but a lot of time saving features over looked!

I don’t think “overlooked” is the fairest way to put it but I can understand that it’s annoying.

2 Likes