Changing to enharmonic equivalent key in transposing instruments

Hi,

I’m encountering more or less the same issue as is described in this 5-year old thread named
“Changing Enharmonic in transposing instruments”. Basically, I have a soprano saxophone piece that is in E concert pitch but I would like it to read in Gb (instead of F#) in the transposed part (while keeping the full score and leadsheet with chords for piano in E) because the chords and chromatic approach notes read way better in Gb.

Is there are a way to achieve this now? I can’t figure it out for the life of me.

Thank you.

Welcome to the forum, Andreas. You can indeed do it now: use the Clef and Transposition Override feature to change the transposition of your soprano saxophone from B flat to A sharp, and that should flip the transposition enharmonically.

1 Like

Works like a charm. Thank you so much.

Hello everybody!! however it would be a very useful function for me! for example some time ago I wrote a piano part in GB, a pianist friend asked me to provide it to him in F#

Unless I’m missing something, you can do it in two steps: Select all then alt/opt - (minus) will change all the flats to the enharmonic sharps. Then choose key sig and change to F#.

1 Like