Channel configuration button track control? What is it?

I’ve tried searching the manual and google but to no avail. Does anyone know what the “Channel Configuration” button in the track controls does? When I make it a visible control on an instrument track for example, a button with two circles shows up and if I hover over it it says “stereo.” Is this all it does, tell me that I have a stereo track vs a mono track? Or does it actually do something useful, like allow me to change a stereo instrument into a mono instrument? Correct me if I’m wrong, but it seems Cubase does not allow mono instruments which adds to my confusion.

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated as I’m configuring my track controls and I’m wondering if I should include this or not.

It is just an indicator reporting what the track configuration is. Mono, stereo, surround. Anyway, it’s function/reason for being is shown in the operation manual.

Regards :sunglasses:

Thanks for the reply. I tried searching the manual for this function but couldn’t find any information. Do by chance know the page number its on when you say “it’s function/reason for being is shown in the operation manual?” I would really appreciated it! Thanks!!

Remember, what you are referring to as a “button” is just an “indicator”. It’s in several places in the manual (pg 89 as an example) but… just search the term “channel configuration” to see them all. It doesn’t say much about the indicator you are referring to.

BTW… To save space I have that indicator hidden in the “track controls settings…”. You can still see a similar indicator in the MixConsole.

Regards :sunglasses: