Check this out!

Bring Back AZL !!!

I’ve got the original LP that that single was off of. I’ll “burn” it and send it to you if you like. The rest of the tune aren’t bad – kind of like early Chicago

I’ve never heard of Spiral Starecase

I bet you’d recognize the big hit if you heard it

On the back cover of the LP, one of the band members looks exactly like Saddam Hussein

I bought the LP because it was something of an “our song” between me and my girlfriend Sallye at the time… the song didn’t turn out to be accurate in our case, however :laughing:

Wow, I didn’t know that! :open_mouth:
It wasn’t in the Steely Dan biography…

Thanks Paul!

:mrgreen:

Here’s the thing about ubiquitous acronyms … much can go astray in interpreting them. Often this can lead to extreme confusion … even trauma.

Case in point … the above … when I first read it, I translated LP as Les Paul (guitar). Imagine my horror upon reading the next sentence " I’ll “burn” it and send it to you if you like." Trauma! Indeed!

Fortunately, I now realize LP means Long Play (record) … a vestige of a (long) bygone era. I also realize you do not intend to burn the vinyl … but rather offer to render the music on a Compact Disc (CD acronymically speaking).

I bet it didn’t mention Walter Becker’s stoat sniffing fetish either. :slight_smile:

At least John Lennon was real and an advocate of peace.

I always thought that was Stevie Wonder.

I did’nt realize there was still any interest in musicians like these guys. This January I turned 58 so back in 1967 or 1968 I was living in South Florida as a high school junior. My very first concert at age 14 was The Doors at Dinner Key Auditorium. The one where Jim Morrison was arrested on stage. I remember seeing people there dressed in American flag robes, top hats and one guy carrying a lamb. The smell of pot was everywhere and new to me(almost)… I was 14. This was unlike anything I had ever seen before. It was during the sone “Touch Me” when he suddenly stopped the band and was cursing at the light crew, the security and the audience. All hell broke loose on stage after that. Concert: Over. Had my first joint maybe a few weeks before?? This was a big deal in Miami back then. They held a decency rally at the Orange Bowl hosted by Anita Bryant and Jackie Gleason and 35,000 kids showed up.

A few months later we had attended the Seminole Indian Music Festival…one thing I will never forget was the announcer gave a short wrap up after the band Quicksilver had played and before the Youngbloods were on…and then said…We have a guy here who was not scheduled to play tonight ( was a 3-day festival) and he wants to get his name spread around so he is going to play tonight for a little while. Let me introduce Johnny Winter. Once again, like nothing I have seen before. What great times and days they were. There were so many firsts in my life…whew…most of all…great music

Now that’s a gross insult to John.

Well yeah the Jesus character was a plagiarism from earlier Egyptian gods. Horus for example

Anyway … “He’s not the Messiah he’s a very naughty boy” : D :smiley: :smiley:

Very insightful, Steve. Amid all the “beatle burnings” that happened after John said what he said, there were at least a couple preachers who stood up and said, “He’s right.”

The “cult of personality” and its worship of celebrity IS the new religion

But Hillary Swank? Marisa Tomei can whip her ass, not only in acting, but boxing, too :laughing:

Uh, I think you have the wrong orifice there. I’d post an image, but in this case…

No goatse please. :slight_smile:

Oh I just realized what Steve meant… they ALL had to defecate in the same way.

And yes, Jesus the Son of God DID have to poop like everyone else… didn’t stink however :laughing:

Ah! Imaginary poop then? :bulb: :wink:

Wow, cool story! :sunglasses:

The closest I got to seeing the Doors was visiting Jim’s grave at Père-Lachaise in Paris… :neutral_face:

Did his turds float on water?..

Allright, I’ll get my coat…