Chopping up audio without processing it

Dear Cubase users
I want to chop up several long audio tracks (concert recordings) into individual songs and then reimport the sections back into another file to make a “Best Of” compilation.
I want to do this without processing the audio. That means I don’t want to use Cubase Export > Audio Mixdown…
Is there any way to do this on Cubase. (It’s easy on Audacity, btw)
Thanks

Then why not use Audacity? In Cubase you need at least “bounce selection”.

I would use scissors and then use bounce selection on each one, rename the files. Render in place with using dry channel should do the same thing.

+1 but you probably needn’t bounce first. You could just proceed as follows:

• split the audio with the scissors
  • select the events you want to include in the best of compilation
  • select ‘render in place’

[/quote]+1 but you probably needn’t bounce first. You could just proceed as follows:

• split the audio with the scissors
  • select the events you want to include in the best of compilation
  • select ‘render in place’
    [/quote]

No you don´t need to bounce first, it´s one or the other.

Exactly.

Thanks to you all. Got that now.

Well, actually, I’m not sure if I have got it. I’ve tried Bounce and Render in Place. But I still have my wav file sitting there in Cubase.
I want to get the untreated audio OUT of Cubase into another file of audio tracks WITHOUT using Cubase Export. I don’t want the track resampled. I just want to cut it up.
If I could drag it off the Cubase project window and onto my desktop, that would be ideal. But I can’t.
How can I get a simple wav file out of Cubase and onto my desktop, please?

If I could drag it off the Cubase project window and onto my desktop, that would be ideal. But I can’t.
How can I get a simple wav file out of Cubase and onto my desktop, please?
[/quote]

Cut the parts you want → “bounce selection” (this creates a new file )-> drag the newly created file from the audio folder to your desktop.

Many thanks. By the audio folder, do you mean the Pool?
Coz when I click and drag from there, nothing happens.
If not, then where is the “newly created file”, please?

In your project´s audio folder.

OK. That’s obvious now you say it. I should have thought of that. Duh.
THanks