Choppy sound during playback?

Hello all! I have a new issue. And after spending weeks just getting the program to run. :stuck_out_tongue:

Lately I’ve noticed that my sound gets pretty choppy during playback and the ASIO Time Overload light clicks on. I’ve adjusted the buffer latency with mixed results and I opened task manager and noticed my CPU is jumping up to 97-99% usage when I playback.

Is this a warning sign I need a faster/newer CPU? Running an Intel Core 2 Duo 2.2GHz. Thanks!

It all depends on just what you are trying to playback. Lots of vsti and plugins or just a few?

Not many… About 10 instrument tracks and 3 audio in MP3 format. Are the audio tracks killing it?

More likely the ten VSTi’s !!!

? I’ve heard of people using as many as 40… Am I missing something? Don’t I need separate instrument tracks for every instrument?

Depends on what you wanna do and the vsts.

more than 40 tracks with a good pc and a good soundinterface no problem.

Greetz Bassbase

That’s what I thought… My PC runs Reason 4 no problems at all.

Like I said, 2.2 GHz Core 2 Duo, 4GB RAM… PLENTY of free HD space… Not sure why this is happening… Isn’t this what Cubase was designed for?

Minimum System Requirements

The minimum system requirements state the minimal specification your computer must have to be able to use the software.

This means like in the gameing world only yes with the minimum requirements you will be able to start the game BUT don’t think to play on maxium graficdetails.

Did you already check your systemlatency?

Greetz Bassbase

Latencheck links can be found in the link Forum Knowledgebase from Users for Users in my signature

So minimum requirement is a dual core… Upgrade processor next I guess.

That’s some good info in that link, thanks!

Thx if you think there should be something more added feel free to reply and i will take it up

greetz Bassbase