Chord diagram misinterprets

An open ukulele chord—A— is followed by an inversion of the chord; notes of the open chord are A C# E A, or 2100. The inversion is C# E A C#, or 6454, which I’d like to define as A2 or A/C#, to indicate that the C# is the left-hand note. (In linear tuning, this C# would be the bass note.) But Dorico insists on adding the C# on top of the open chord, A C# E C#, or 2104. How do I convince Dorico to write the diagram on the page the way I defined it?
I need to define other chords with inversions, too, so I need a solution.
(Oops, the app just quit when I tried to go to Library>Chord Diagrams.)

I thought the outer strings of the Ukulele were tuned to the same octave, so the first string would not be the bass of the chord. Is Dorico set to use linear tuning?

Dorico’s “standard” ukulele tuning is the popular G4 C4 E4 A4. Many folks like the depth that linear tuning adds with a low G3 (and many have more than one ukulele, and switch instruments depending on what type of music they’re playing). Chord positions/diagrams are the same for both tunings; just the sound of the one string is an octave different.

But that would affect the chord inversion, would it not, since your second string would be the bass of the chord? On a standard tuning, the 2100 fingering would give the first inversion (A/C#) rather than the root position, if I am not mistaken.

So your listed fingerings would (as you suspect) only work in a linear tuning. Can you define the uke in Dorico to observe standard tuning?

Standard ukulele tuning is defined for this instrument, although “compatible preset tunings” in the Edit Strings and Tuning dialog will not switch back to the label “standard ukulele tuning,” but persists in calling it “4 Strings: G4, C4, E4, A4 (project).” I agree that technically the open tuning is the first inversion for the A major chord, but in ukulele-speak we call the open position “1st position,” as it’s closest to the nut.
The chord diagrams have no sound—I add a notation part with regular notes to hear all four strings in the correct inversions—so the struggle to indicate where the notes are is visual. I need to show the inversions. Perhaps there’s a special symbol to indicate each inversion?