chord input issue - forced staccato

i have a strange problem (actually more of an irritant) that might be related to the size of my project.

i have about 6000 measures (various time signatures) distributed over two flows - piano score.

when i enter chord mode and input chords, whether or not i’ve selected the ] key for staccato input, the notes are input as staccato (either keyboard or mouse entry).

this happens on my desktop (running Mojave) and my laptop (running El Capitan).

if i start note input before invoking the chord key (Q) this doesn’t happen.

if i truncate my score (by saving-as and then deleting all but two measures) - again this doesn’t happen.

it doesn’t happen with new scores.

other than the size of my score being a factor, it’s unclear to me what’s going on and i just wanted to ping the forum to find out if anyone else, with large scores, has observed this behavior.

Are you definitely running version 2.2.20? There was a problem where inputting notes in chord mode would incorrectly pick up a later articulation, but it has been fixed.

hi daniel,

thanks. it’s version 2.2.20.1286 (April 18 2019) on both the desktop and laptop.

but your comment about “There was a problem where inputting notes in chord mode would incorrectly pick up a later articulation, but it has been fixed.”

got me thinking and i looked ahead in my score and indeed there was a staccato chord.

when i removed the staccato from that chord the problem described was resolved. when i added it back, the problem returned.

i created a fresh piano score and was able to duplicate this behavior. it also does this for accents (>), marcato, tenuto, stressed, staccatissimo, unstressed and staccato-tenuto markings (those available in the right-hand panel).

so if i place a chord downstream with any of the above articulations and then input a chord upstream of that chord (without invoking any of the described articulations), the downstream articulation appears on the chord.

if i start the chord without using Q and then invoke Q for the remaining notes this behavior doesn’t show up.

-t

Perhaps this fix didn’t make it into version 2.2.20, but fear not, it will certainly make it into the next release.

thanks daniel.

looking forward to the next release with great anticipation (for other than this problem).

i’m really enjoying working in Dorico.