Chord pad presets - cannot load

I am trying to load chord pad presets. I can see the full list in the chord preset browser. However there is a red mark to the left of each preset. When I try to load one nothing happens

Hi,

Could you attach a screenshot, please?

Try to rename/remove the Steinberg MediaBay Server folder from the preferences folder, please.

Mac: ~/Library/Preferences/
Win: %appData% Steinberg/

Hi, Thanks a million for coming back to me. I’m not very PC literate. So not sure where to find the preferences folder. Here is a screenshot of the chordpads preset

Hi,

Sorry, I’m not Windows user at all.

In the File Explorer type the %appData% to the path. Hit Enter. Then you will see the Steinberg folder and inside the Steinberg folder, you will find the Steinberg MediaBay Server folder. Rename it, please.

I did that,
still the same

Anyone else having this issue, any ideas?

Does anyone know where the chord presets are stored so I can try and reload them

Hello desjcullen. You are speaking of Cubase 13 I think? The presets you are showing are from Cubase 12 I believe. Cubase 13 has its own new presets. I assume you have tried rescanning the media bay after renaming the folder as per Martins suggestion? The new chord presets should show up. Should. :grimacing:

Thank you for coming back to me. I go to rename the folder
C\User\AppData\Roaming\Steinberg\Steinberg MediaBay Server
When I try to do this its says it cant because the folder is in use. So I closed cubase and then make the changes and relaunch cubase only for a new Steinberg MediaBay Server folder to appear!!!
I also do not know how or where to do a rescan of media bay?
Sorry about this, any help greatly appreciated as I actually use this quite a bit.

“So I closed cubase and then make the changes and relaunch cubase only for a new Steinberg MediaBay Server folder to appear!!!”. LOL, yeah, I think that is what is supposed to happen: Cubase creates a clean, fresh folder/file. So to rescan, right click on the “Chord Pads” folder (shown in the attached image) and click “rescan” and see if that finds them. I’m not a Cubase expert either but I hope that helps.

Thanks a million that solves the second part of my problem the first part is how to rename that folder whilst cubase is still open (or is that not important) and also to be sure that is the correct folder I’m trying to rename.

I don’t think you need to rename . . . .

Sorry its not working, Just shows the same list with the red mark to the left and when i click to try and load nothing happens

Is it possible to just redownload that part and reinstall it???

Sorry, I’m out of ideas. :thinking: