Hi all. I’m having a problem that others seem to have had, but trying the fixes that worked for them don’t work for me. I’ve just downloaded Cubase 10.5 Pro and the #1 feature I want to look at right now is chord pads. The problem is I cannot get the chord pads to trigger from the Cubase Chord Pads GUI or my keyboard controller. This is a default 10.5 install.
- MIDI input is working - I hear output from Halion SE when I play a note on my controller or using the Halion SE keyboard.
- If I drag a chord to the instrument track and play the track, I hear the chord.
- When I play a note on my controller, I can see it triggered on the chord pad keyboard, but it only plays the single note, not the mapped chord.
- If I click the chord directly in the chord pads tab, there is no sound or MIDI activity on the Halion instrument track.
- If I click the mapped note on the keyboard in the chord pads tab, there is no sound or MIDI activity on the Halion instrument track.
I have checked the things mentioned in two forums threads. It’s not the MIDI thru setting, filter notes is set to off, etc. I’m 100% positive this is a simple issue that should obvious, but I can’t see it. I’ve looked at several YouTube videos, but none of them walk through the basic setup to a great degree of detail.