Chord popover does not bring up DIM

Guitar chord diagrams - Entering F#DIM, or DI, or 0, as per the manual, does not bring up any form of Diminished chord diagram, in fact it brings up F#m(b5) - ELEMENTS.

In this instance I can spell it Amin6 and get away with it - but checking overall I cannot seem to get any diminished chord diagram to show, always comes up with it spelt as m(b5)"

Any ideas?

In Dorico Elements you can’t change the chord symbol preset, and in the standard chord symbol preset, a diminished triad appears by default as m(b5). You need Dorico Pro to change this.

For what it’s worth, I hope that in future versions of Dorico Elements we will be able to bring at least some of the engraving options related to chord symbols into the software, but that’s not possible at the moment.

Hmmm, well that is to be hoped, as most guitarists I know would expect to see a DIM chord, not a m(b5) - odd decision on your programmers part I think?

No, I don’t think so. “dim” could mean either a diminished seventh or a diminished triad, so our default approach is to avoid notations that can be ambiguous, given the enormous variety of chord symbol conventions in use in the world. As I say, Dorico Pro provides more options than you can imagine for tailoring the chord symbols to your exact specifications.