Chord symbol playback in iPad Dorico lead sheet

How do I get chord symbols to playback in Dorico for iPad? I can find no chord track in play mode.

2 Likes

At the moment, there’s no chord track in the iPad version’s Play mode, but this is definitely something we will add in a future version.

5 Likes

That’s great to hear, Daniel. This week, I was encouraging a pupil to use Dorico on their iPad to set up a backing track for them to improvise over. Playback of chord symbols would speed things up.

1 Like

Hi, is there any change in this topic? Chord playback is very important feature for me - especially in early stage of writing. When we could expect this feature to be implemented? :slight_smile:

Welcome to the forum, @Garbus_Uchiha. There haven’t been any updates on this topic in the last two weeks, no. We hope to have the chord track implemented in Play mode in Dorico for iPad in the next release, but we can’t say for sure at this point.

4 Likes

I can now see the speaker icon on the chord track in the Play mode, however it is not playing chords on the iPad. I know that it does Play them in Dorico on the Mac - am I doing something wrong or is the feature not yet fully available on the iPad?

1 Like

What instrument sound do you have assigned to the chord track?

That‘s the thing, It is Microsonic and I‘m not able to choose anything else than Microsonic…

You’re right, at present it doesn’t seem to be possible to select the track in order to choose what sound should be used. Let me check on this with my colleagues, and I’ll come back to you.

2 Likes

Hi,
this doesn’t seem to be fixed with the new version of Dorico for iPad. Does it mean that I wouldn’t be able able to listen to the chord track on iPad even if I buy the lifetime app?

At the present time, that’s correct. We haven’t had a chance to update this in this release, but we will correct it as soon as we can.

1 Like

I hope this is implemented soon.

Really great 4.3 update on Dorico overall guys - well done. I can see that Chord playback is (still) not working - any update on this please? I have upcoming flights where it would be great to only require an iPad and not a full laptop and I’d really enjoy having a playable chord track to speed things up for me.

Yes, I know this is important, but I’m afraid we didn’t have time to squeeze this in to the Dorico for iPad 2.5 update. We will try our best to get to it soon.

2 Likes

Thank you for this swift feedback, I know you guys have been busy at work with today’s launch of 4.3 - great work. Try to get a beer with the team and celebrate a bit :slight_smile:

I will happily wait for the feature to be included.

I just started the monthly subscription and it’s a pity not to be able to hear chord symbols. I hope it is going to be implemented soon!
Just to make some pressure :slight_smile:

1 Like

Welcome to the forum, Nicco. We do hope to implement this feature soon.

2 Likes

Has this feature still not been introduced yet???
In July 2021 ‘there’s no chord track in the iPad version’s Play mode, but this is definitely something we will add in a future version’.

Now March 2023 and still not available, will this feature ever be introduced? its something that quite a few folk have been requesting for a long while.
Would be amazing if it was possible…

1 Like

I’m afraid it has still not yet been implemented, but it remains on our backlog and it will be implemented in future. I can’t promise when it will come, I’m afraid.

1 Like

Major iPad version upgrade today as well. Haven’t tinkered a lot with it yet, however Chords still don’t play back for those who wonder - at least if I haven’t missed anything.

1 Like