Chord symbols with differing bass notes

The setting below needs to reset at any repeat bar, otherwise it doesn’t really make sense.

Here’s the situation I just found myself in, where the presence of a repeat makes the actual chord quality very unclear with this setting selected:

Workaround seems to be to select the first option (show chord symbol in full) and then hide the “root and quality” as needed in properties, but that renders the second option useless in a piece with repeats. If there was simply a checkbox or default to have this reset at repeats it would be very useful.

1 Like

The chord in the 2nd ending is Eb6/G, but as the player is coming from A9/G, this is not clear at all with “show altered bass note only” selected.

If you have lots of chords with repeated roots, the easier option might be to keep the “hide root” setting, write in the Eb6 in the downbeat and the /G in the next, and nudge it in engrave mode. But I agree with your request.

I’ll have to check, but wouldn’t the correct spacing for the “nudge” likely be slightly different in score and parts, depending on what was going on in the other staves? I would be nervous about nudging it in the score to look correct, only to have created a collision in the parts. Adding proofreading steps makes me kinda nervous.

Not exactly, unless you propagate, since it’s layout-specific. But casting off might be an issue if that changes.

Nudging an item in one layout in Engrave mode will certainly not affect another layout.

Got it. So the nudging would have to be done in both places, in the affected part and in the score, while hiding “root and quality” would only need to be done once and the change would appear in both, correct?

Sorta, yes. If you hide the root in one layout, propagate to apply to all layouts. Nudging should be layout-specific since it depends on spacing.

Hi. Could you help me with a problem.
In Cubase 11, when I play a standard accord, e.g. CEG and push Create Chord Symbol, the score editor recognize it as C major. But when I play GCE, it recognize as C major too. But it should be C/G (alternative bass). How can I resolve this.
Thanks

Welcome to the forum, @Hayk_Navasardyan. I’m afraid you need to address this question in the Cubase forum rather than here in the Dorico forum. I’ve had a quick look through the most obvious pages in the Cubase Operation Manual but haven’t been able to find any obvious reference to how you might influence this.

Hi,
Thanks for your answer.
Best regards