Chord Track Discussion (Was: Minor 7 b5 chord weirdness)

Exactly. Spend time creating in the Key Editor, it is way more worthwhile. In fact I could never go back to old versions that don’t have chord editing ever again.

I don’t find the chord track useful at all either. The only thing that kinda intrigued me (not because I would actually use it, just out of curiosity) was its ability to instantly harmonize a voice track. I tried it, and the results were hilarious. The way it “auto-harmonizes” is basically by putting the second voice a third down and a third one another third down, following the scale in the key signature. It’s a very simplistic way that only works if the music is exclusively diatonic (or modal.) But if the music starts modulating, you’ll see Cubase doing crazier and crazier things.

In other words, useless.

Sorry, duplicate post.

I use the chord track for transcribing, and writing charts. Makes proofing faster.

papi61, if you have only one chord in the chord track it sort of does that, but with a progression it does more. You make it sound way more stupid than it is.

I imagine that if your a priori was the opposite you would have demonstrated how good it was with some wicked smart way of using it.