Chord track upgrades

THIS IS NOW A LIST OF EVERYONES DESIRES. PLEASE POST BELOW YOUR IDEAS.
Someone maybe listening :slight_smile:

• Bass voicings (include inversions when this are written in chord track)
  • Note limit interaction. Define the lower and upper limit of the notes when adapting to a chord.(Style file alike), especially when transposing various steps up or down.
  • Better scale adaptation when manually changing the scale. Not really adapts to the note of that scale all the time.
  • Improve voice leading, so chord notes won’t jump around.
  • Audition chord track button per Midi Track and Instrument Track
  • Chord track obeys folding rules. (Like duplicating when inserted in a folder that being duplicated)
  • Eliminate 2 chords on the same beat possibility. Also when duplicating a chord progression the first chord apears on the following bar and not on top of the last chord.
    -Export chord track
    -Solo command for Chord track
    -Select multiple outputs (as opposed to setting up extra midi tracks set to monitor)
  • improved the midi input chord support (when playing chords via midi to a chord)
  • 5th chords (Power chords?)
  • The follow chord tracks events rythm should be cut to always match the chord at exact timing.
  • Follow chord track functions should generate alternate events in the track, keeping the original mute.
  • Unify Global transpose and realtime event transpose with chord track
  • Allow to show visually the chords in transposition mode

I would like to add one:

Under Export Audio, have Export Chord Track as an option. I know that I can flatten it and export it but that is a lot more effort, especially when I don’t intend to keep it, also this would give me the ability during that process to import the audio back into the project.

-Solo command for Chord track.
-Select multiple outputs (as opposed to setting up extra midi tracks set to monitor)

• improved the midi input chord support (when playing chords via midi to a chord)

edit : oops I had it wrong before

• fix the broken ‘to chords from midi’ function

oh I also forgot I can’t do decent 5th chords that would be nice?

Remembered that when you drag the chords to a midi track that generated events could still be linked directly to the chord track not only in notes but in rythm. What happens is, you have a progression in whole notes. Then imagine a chord in the middle of a bar. Since the events created are in whole notes that new chord won’t be created.
The same happens in the adaptation of other midi notes. The events rythm should be cut to always match the chord at the place of the cord.

More ideas. Unify the Global Transpose and event realtime transpose with chord track.
The thing is, if you use global transpose function or realtime event transpose with tracks obeying to the chord track its a mess. Since the events dont see the notes really changing the transpose function transposes mathmaticly the changes chord track does.
The simple solution was to change the events notes when you use realtime transposing tools. And using global transpose changes chord track acordingly.

Other usefull idea that I needed today was a alternate transposing visual for the chord track. It would be nice if there was the ability to generate a visual chord track transposed, just for reading. This came to me because of a musician using a capo on the guitar and so needing another king of visual help.