Chords from audio does not use transposed state

When creating chords from audio it does not take transposition of the audio file into account.

Repro steps

1. Add a file with musical/harmonic content
  2. Transpose the file using Transpose on the info line
  3. Drag the audio to the Chord track
  4. Notice how the generated chords are from the untransposed file

If you bounce the file the chord track will of course use the new transposed key as now there is no other key. However, I think this is a little bit confusing.

It’s a minor issue but I would expect the chord track to work with the current state of the file, i.e. how it sounds and not what the bottom most file under the processing actually is. WYSIWYG. Or rather what you hear is what you get.

I imagine the use case here for most people is to fiddle around with functions like transpose to match musical content together and then use “audio to chord” to get the new chord progression. I can’ think of a use case where you’'d really like it to behave the way it does today but I could be totally wrong.

Hi,

Yes, it takes the original file in account. It doesn’t bounce it for the detection. So all the processes are not applied.

Is this a consistent behavior across functions? That the underlying file minus processing is always used for different kinds of transformations?

All the parameters from the Info Line are real-time processing. It does not modify the original audio. The Event stays untouched, meaning that if you select it for other actions, it will always take the base file.

Other processing like VariAudio or AudioWarp are also real-time processing, and although the displayed event will be stretched to reflect the changes, the original file will still be intact, and if you select such event for other operations, it will prompt you to render the audio or you won’t be able to proceed.