Chords keeping in same key ?

If you drag a note on a part following chord track, the note background turns green if the note is in the chord, blue if its in the scale, and red if it’s neither. Red notes sound dissonant (that is, bad-sounding, based on the key/chord). So, for example, playing an E flat with a C Major chord - the E flat will be a red note, because it’s neither in the chord nor the scale.

So it’s a “blue” note. Or, if on the top of a C7 chord, it makes a C7b10 - the “Spinning Wheel” chord.

Two of the many things that can make music more interesting than a childrens’ songbook or a guitarist aimlessly noodling on a pentatonic scale!

Wouldn’t you call that a #9?

What about turning off the automatic scales option on the chord track? Set it to the scale you want to stay on and then just make your MIDI tracks follow the chord track, in theory it should transpose whatever you do to that scale.

Okay just tested it, it works. Set your automatic scale option to off in the chord track, and set the scale you want, this way the scale wont change regardless of the chords you choose. Then in the chord track settings on your MIDI track, set it the Follow Chord Track and Live Transform options to Scales, that way your input should be automatically transposed to the scale.

The OP asked for the chords on the chord track to be constrained to a key, not notes.

Oh okay, I was going by his original post where he asked about restricting it to a scale. Keeping the song in the same key shouldn’t take more than just simple theory, though. I mean worst case scenario you can use the transpose function since you already know the key you want the song in and the chord track gives you the information on the chords it generates, though doing that for every single chord/scale/phrase etc would probably be more tedious than just learning the theory behind it…

Oh wait, I didn’t read it carefully enough, the chord track itself. Nevermind then. :smiley:

happens to me on a daily basis. :unamused:

and big giant +1 for learning the theory behind it.