Chords won't display

A little help here. Why won’t chord symbols display in this cut-down project? I’m at my wits’ end. They should display above the vocal staff.

ACNA_Willan Mass CHORDS.dorico (1.0 MB)

1 Like

Not sure why this is happening.

Open the Voice’s Edit Instrument Definition dialog>untick Vocal Staff>Apply… seems to fix it. You can also reapply it.

Thanks!

Very odd though. I wonder if this is the intended behavior. I’ve done hundreds of projects with chord symbols and never had this occur, and I confess I haven’t explored the instrument editor either.

1 Like

You haven’t even updated?! :open_mouth:

I have, just trying to keep my head above water, so I haven’t had time to dig into anything new in Dorico.

Oh ok, fair enough. It just said that the project was created in 5.0 that’s all.

All of the chord symbols seem to have the Hidden property set…

Were signposts visible for you? I don’t recall seeing them.

That was the first thing I thought of, but there were no signposts.

In View > Signposts, Chord Symbols was not checked.

2 Likes

Ughhhh… sorry for wasting everyone’s time. I didn’t even think to check that. Apparently I need to learn a little more about Dorico. :man_facepalming:t2:

1 Like

Another good, brief solution for new users to find here!

Nice to see some Healey Willan on here. Known around the world, obviously, but he was especially revered in Toronto. Often referred to as “the Dean of Canadian composers” during his life, a title that was later often used for John Weinzweig during his.

1 Like