CI1 and cubase 6 issues...help!

Hi,
I have the CI1 and recently installed cubase 6 using windows 7…windows 7, cubase 6 and the newly downloaded drivers for the CI1 are all running at 64bit.

When I go into set up the cubase VST audio systems it gives me no options to define the output as “Stereo” (which was suggested in another post).

Theses are the options it gives me:

1. VST Audio System (ASIO driver) - I have this set to “Steinberg USB ASIO”
  2. (in the next dropdown) “Steinberg USB ASIO” -
    IN Steinberg CI1 - 1 (active)
    IN Steinberg CI1 - 2 (active)
    OUT Steinberg CI1 - 1 (active)
    OUT Steinberg CI1 - 2 (active)
  3. VST Sytem link: ASIO Input - options are “Stenberg CI1-1 and Steinberg CI1-2” Strange because I read this is where is should give me the option of “Stereo”

The issues are: I am able to load wave files into cubase 6 (previously recorded tracks) and they play back…but when I try to use any of the VST plugins (IE Groove) that come with the software I am unable to get any playback from the samples or sounds.

I’m thinking it has to be the VST connections to the CI1 interface or something conflicting…just can’t figure it out!

Anyone have any solutions?

The VST Systemlink is a function to sync multiple systems. You should not occupy your I/O’s with this function.

The issues are: I am able to load wave files into cubase 6 (previously recorded tracks) and they play back…but when I try to use any of the VST plugins (IE Groove) that come with the software I am unable to get any playback from the samples or sounds.

The VST Connections seem to be setup correctly and apparently you are hearing the playback. How exactly did you setup the VSTi’s that you cannot hear? Which exact plugin are you using?

Gr,
JHP