Claps and castanets

Try to get some Claps (there are no individual clap sounds in HALion5 as it seems ?) and also no Castanets in HAlion5
Beatbox could be be a supplier for drumsounds, but how to assign one of the drumsounds in the composer in a midi track
If i user clap as use word in the mediabrowser…no claps … :confused:

several options to get this done.

1. search for the clapsound you want to have. (f.e: from groove agent engines or b-box or anything else)
  2. record it once on a track in cubase.
  3. export that track or render it to and audio file.
  4. quantize and cut it properly and drop it back in Halion in an ini program and there is your clap standalone version

You can do this for any sound that your system contains.
Look at my topic just next to yours and there you can find lots of different examples.
And i will be happy that someone checks those files out too. :slight_smile:

Other option is just to use b-box itself,
there you have a specific line for claps.
Start with the init b-box preset so that everything is clean and record your rythm you want.
save it as a vstpreset.

next option.
In halion (or if halion is too new take the workstation version halion sonic) in the media browser you can select “category” and choose “drum&Perc”, and sub categegory “drumset”.
Lots of claps there. If you want your clap on a different track, know that every sound from the drumsets can have a different output.

I guess there will be castagnetes somewhere between those hundreds of sounds, since this is a rather commonly used sound, but i can not reference you there since i never used castagnettes. :slight_smile:

other option is download a freeware clap|castagnette from the internet en drag and drop it into an init halion program and make your own.

you can choose how to :slight_smile:

kind regards,
R.

Where do you separate the individual hits from within a program… into a separate out?

In Halion it is a bit more complex i think then in Halion Sonic.

In Halion the output is assigned to the zone (which is the basic level of the program structure), but a zone can have multiple busses. (zone editor, manual p.118)
The AUX tab allows you to send the zone to the four global AUX busses and to directly route the zone to one of the plug-in output busses. (AUX 1-4) you can send the zone signal to the global, or, if available, the local AUX busses. You can control the signal level that is sent to the busses with the knobs AUX 1-4.
HALion allows you also to route a zone directly to one of the output busses. In this case, the zone does not pass through the layer, program and slot busses.
The Sample editor plays back the raw samples without processing the synthesis structure. Therefore, its output is not automatically the same as the output of the zone that uses the sample.

For Halion Sonic, with it’s fixed program structure it is a lot easier to do:

in the amplifier subpage you can select the output for each drum instrument or loop slice separately.
(in the manual see p.77.)

Don’t forget to assign multiple outputs in the instrument rack too for both cases.

kind regards,
R.

Thanks Roel for this ideas … i will study all this… later for HALion5
I do have also HAlion Sonic 2, because it is included with HALion5 :slight_smile:

see edit for corrected answer. :slight_smile:

kind regards,
R.

OK Thanks Roel.

Zones thru auxes. I was kinda glossing over the aux part of the manual for later on , as I did not expect to use them this early on. Makes sense.

it is indeed a bit weird to have the output setting of the zone located together with the aux sends, but hey, it is a dev’s choice so it is located where it is. :slight_smile:

kind regards,
R.